Sunday, March 30, 2014

Kombucha Tea Pix/Resources

After about 18 to 24 hours, you should start seeing little "scoby tendrils" poking down from the surface of the tea, and a very thin "film" start forming on the top of the tea...



 After about one or two days, you start seeing a "thicker film"  - or new SCOBY forming on the top of the tea...



Note that I am using one of those "new fangled" LED/LASER temperature checkers...  you want to keep the kombucha temperature at or above 72 degrees F the whole time.  I use a 125W heat lamp to ensure this when I have to  (I keep my house thermostat set at 60 degrees in the wintertime).

Here - you can see the SCOBY near the end of the two weeks getting to be about 1/2 inch thick, and notice the fizziness and bubbles coming up around the edge of the baby SCOBY...


Here is a closer view of a two-week old batch of kombucha with a thick SCOBY (side and top view)




Here is the set of vinyl gloves that I bought at the grocery store....





Here is the "delicates bag" that I bought at WalMart...


But...  here are some other options...

a "paint strainer bag"...   Paint Strainer Bag

or...  a "nut milk bag" ...  Nut Milk Bag

HTH !!  ENJOY !!  NAMASTE !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment